What is the best way to book an event?

Please reach out to our director of catering, Debbie Geppert, as soon as you know the date of your event. She will work with you to create a proposal unique to your event, and once everything is agreed upon, a contract will be created as well as a request for deposit. Once a deposit is processed, your event is booked!

What are my menu options?

We have 4 preset clambake menus for you to choose from The East End Clambake, The Hamptons Clambake, The Beach Chair Supper and The Sand Castle Kids menu. However we can also custom write a menu to suit your vision and budget.

What happens in the event of rain?

Unfortunately, we can't change the weather. It is best to have a back-up plan for your event from the very beginning. However, we do have a rain policy:

  • Canceling prior to 14 days of scheduled event will result in a refund of 50% of deposit.
  • Canceling within 14 days of scheduled event will result in no refund of deposit.
  • Moving your event to another date, pending caterer's availability, is possible without any fees or penalties if the action is made by the date of your final headcount. However, the event must meet the minimum guest count.

What is the Event Coordination Fee?

The Event Coordination Fee (ECF) is an additional 20% of the total bill for the event. This cost is an industry standard, though often called different things or broken up in different ways, and covers such expenses as garbage removal, permitting, insurances, and staffing.

Do I need a permit?

Permits depend on the town you are having your event and how many guests you are having. In any event, the permit will have to be in your name. Bostwick's can provide you with the correct forms and turn them in for you at the respective office. All permits need to be filed at least thirty (30) days in advance if possible. *Some beaches require that you are a resident of that town to apply for a permit.

Here are the requirements for each town:

  • If you are having an event in East Hampton Town on public property (i.e., Atlantic Beach or Indian Wells Beach) with FIVE or more guests, you will need a mass gathering permit.
  • If you are having an event on your own private residence in East Hampton Town, a permit is required for fifty (50) or more guests.
  • If you are having an event in East Hampton Village, you will need a permit for forty (40) or more guests.
  • If you are having an event in Southampton Town, a permit is necessary for any event.

I would like to have beer/wine/alcohol at my event. What do I need to do?

Alcohol of any kind is not permitted on any public property in the Village of East Hampton. If you choose to consume alcohol, please be aware that it is at your own risk. Alcohol is permitted on East Hampton Town Beaches with a proper permit. Southampton requires a permit for alcohol.

Bostwick's Clambakes & Catering provides non-alcoholic options, including still and sparkling water, assorted sodas, assorted juices, and pre-made specialty drinks.

When can parties start on the beach?

Driving on the beach is not allowed before 6:00pm. To allow enough time for loading onto the beach and setting up, We suggest the party starts no earlier than 7:00pm, ideally 7:30pm for larger parties.

How late can my beach party go?

The time differs between towns. Generally the party needs to wrap up between 10:30pm-11:00pm so that we can abide by town codes. This is something that we will discuss with you when planning your event.

283 Pantigo Road, East Hampton, NY 11937  |  (631) 324-2700
© 2017 Bostwick's Clambakes & Catering Co.